Norwegian University of Life Sciences
Together with other research institutes established at Aas, UMB provides state-of-the-art knowledge based on a broad range of disciplines. UMB's main objectives are:
- To be a major player in the field of life sciences, focusing on the core disciplines:
- biology, food and environmental science
- land use and natural resource management
- as well as associated aesthetic and technical subjects
- To actively contribute to business development and continue to strengthen the scientific basis for agriculture, aquaculture and other industries based on the utilisation of natural resources.
A broad range of study programmes are offered at Bachelor, Master and PhD level.
|Postal address||P.O. Box 5003|
|Telephone||(+47) 64 96 50 00|
|Fax||(+47) 64 96 50 01|
Founded in 1859 as the only Norwegian agricultural post-graduate college, the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB) is now recognised as a leading international centre of knowledge, focused on higher education and research within environmental- and biosciences. UMB focuses specifically on:
The international students make up about 15% of all students at the University. About 180 of the 600 courses at the Bachelor and Master level are taught in English, as well as many PhD level courses. Seven Master-level and one Bachelor-level programme(s) are conducted fully in English. Besides theoretical and scientific education, emphasis is placed on practical training.
Around 30% of UMB students conduct part of their studies abroad.
|Contact||Student Information Centre|
|Telephone||(+47) 64 96 61 00|
|Fax||(+47) 64 96 60 21|
|International office website||http://www.umb.no/ects|