The objective of the programme is to educate the next generation of interdisciplinary managers in the fields of energy and natural resources.Future development and prosperity depends on access to energy and on reliable supplies of natural resources.
Exploitation of such resources has significant impact on the environment, and getting the balance right is critical in a world where sustainability is becoming more and more important.
You will learn methods and subjects necessary to understand, advance, and critique issues related to the interaction between humans and the environment.
The programme broadly focuses on four main subject areas:
- Economic fundamentals of energy and natural resource value chains
- Business/government interactions in commercial energy and natural resource development
- Strategic responses to more competitive energy and natural resource markets
- Environmental impact of business and government decisions
Upon successful completion the student will be able to:
- Will have insight in theories, models, tools and methodologies for analyzing the energy and resource sector.
- Can demonstrate knowledge about theoretical models for analyzing the energy and resource sector
- Will be able to perform empirical and practical analysis of firms and industries within the energy and resource sector
- Will have knowledge about theories and methodologies for analyzing questions relating to sustainability in any sector and industry
- Will have understanding of the applicability and practical implementation and limitations of such models
- Apply the knowledge gained to practical issues and questions related to the energy and resource sector
- Solve questions related to sustainable development for any industry.
- Choose appropriate models, tools and methodologies when facing new challenges.
- Plan and execute tasks and projects relating to sustainability and environmental impact.
- Plan and execute tasks and projects relating to management of both renewable and non-renewable resources.
- Evaluate external effects and footprints of various actions.
- Communicate, cooperate and exchange insight in all kinds of questions relating to long term sustainability and environmental aspects regarding all kinds of industries.
This programme prepares you with knowledge and skills for a career within sectors such as renewable energy, fisheries, aquaculture, shipping, petroleum and environmental management among others.