How can the study of linguistics and literature provide insight into our sense of reality, identity and value systems? The programme comprises courses in English language and linguistics, as well as in British and American literature. Students can specialize in either linguistics or literature, defining their own research projects under supervision. We offer courses in both theoretical and experimental linguistics, as well as in early modern and modern literature.
The Master programme gives oral and written training in the assessment and testing of different methods of analysis. In the literature courses, there will be advanced training in vocabulary, sense of nuances, and stylistic variation. In the linguistic courses, there will be advanced training in the analysis of language structure and experimental psycholinguistic approaches to the investigation of language processing.
What do you learn?
On completion of the study programme, students will have acquired:
- Analytical skills
- Ability to explain, evaluate and apply methods and theories in linguistics or literature
- Ability to analyse language and literature in different historical and cultural contexts
- In-depth knowledge of the discipline of your specialization, its history and its traditions
- In-depth knowledge of language, its structure, acquisition, development and functions
- In-depth knowledge of literature, its genres, forms, development and functions
- Advanced skills in project presentation, oral and written