The Finance master’s programme at NHH prepares you for a wide range of outstanding career opportunities within financial services, consulting and auditing.
The portfolio is designed and taught by NHH’s internationally recognised faculty in finance and related areas, whose academic research and industry knowledge ensure that the courses are relevant and of high quality.
Taught in English over two years, the courses combine a rigorous theoretical approach with relevant applications. Students will develop a deep understanding of the theoretical framework and empirical evidence in finance.
You will learn to analyse real-life problems related to financial markets and financial decision-making in firms, and to apply principles at the research frontier.
Candidates who have completed their specialisation in Finance will have acquired the following at the end of the program:
- have extensive, updated knowledge of relevant theories within finance, their application and empirical basis - as well as having special expertise in at least two of the three main themes of the financial markets, corporate finance and macroeconomics.
- have solid competence in methods of empirical analysis in finance.
- have a broad understanding of the issues that characterise today's national and international financial markets.
- be analytically strong with a proven ability to both understand and carry out a broad set of calculations and analyses on their own, with a view to mapping out opportunities and challenges related to issues in finance and financial markets.
- be able to update skills on their own throughout their career.
- have the ability of independence, reflection and maturity in their work.
- be able to utilise available information and data with necessary critical understanding of sources
- have the ability to work in teams and to communicate and present professional analyses and issues to both specialists and a wider audience.
- have solid competence on ethical issues and social responsibility in general - and in relation to the financial market in particular.
Upon completion of the programme, you will possess skills for performing investment analysis and valuation, evaluating portfolio management strategies and techniques, and making corporate finance decisions and risk management considerations.