Do you want to develop further as a musician? At the master's programme in music performance you work diligently to further develop your technical skills at an advanced and professional level. You advance your skills as an instrumentalist, develop a personal expression, and gain specialized knowledge about your instrument. The program also has a theoretical component where you acquire knowledge about the field of music, and learn to relate this theoretical knowledge to practical performance of music. The knowledge and skills you learn in the course, gives you a solid foundation to engage in musical innovation and communicate about and through music.
The master's programme has two specialisations:
- Artistic performance specialisation where you will choose an elective minor subject. You can choose between: Ensemble singing, Orchestral academy, Collaborative piano, Choir conducting or Creative performer
- Artistic scientific specialisation where you will enhance yourcompetence concerning various musicological directions, traditions, subject-specific methods, ethical perspectives and issues and research traditions.
What do you learn?
- You will develop technical skills as a musician and instrumentalist at a high professional level.
- You will acquire further understanding about the relations between music theory, music history and music performance.
- You develop an academic and professional basis which is crucial to reflection, creativity and innovation in the field of music.
- You will get broad knowledge on how to carry out advanced tasks and projects in the field of music.
- The program provides a comprehensive introduction to the musicological disciplines and how to facilitate research on your own music.