The programme consits of three specializations:
1) Plant Production Systems, focusing on:
• Flowers, fruits, berries and vegetables
• Cereals, fiber, oil and protein plants and plants for feed
• Sustainable production systems for food, feed and ornamentals
• Physiological processes in plants, affected by external factors (nutrients, temperature, light and daylength)
• How plant breeding are used to meet the marked
2)Plant Biotechnology, focusing on:
• Theoretical and practical use of genetic and molecular methods
• Physiology processes in plants, and plant adapation to environment and climate
• Understanding of advanced gene regulation
3)Plant Proctetion, focusing on:
• Biology of insects, pathogens and weeds in agricultural systems.
• Principles for disease control, with particular focus on plant resistance and resistance breeding.
• Methods and strategies for protecting plants from pest organisms and reducing competition from weeds
Choice of electives provides the possibility for individual adjustments in the study programmes.