The programme consits of two specializations:
1) Plant Production and Plant Protection, focusing on:
- Flowers, fruits, berries and vegetables
- Cereals, fiber, oil and protein plants and plants for feed
- Sustainable production systems for food, feed and ornamentals
- Physiological processes in plants, affected by external factors (nutrients, temperature, light and daylength)
- How plant breeding are used to meet the marked
- Biology of insects, pathogens and weeds in agricultural systems.
- Principles for disease control, with particular focus on plant resistance and resistance breeding.
- Methods and strategies for protecting plants from pest organisms and reducing competition from weeds
2)Plant Biotechnology, focusing on:
- Theoretical and practical use of genetic and molecular methods
- Physiology processes in plants, and plant adapation to environment and climate
- Understanding of advanced gene regulation
Choice of electives provides the possibility for individual adjustments in the study programmes.