In our Master’s programme in Popular Music, you get the opportunity to work within one of our specializations.
- Popular Music Performance
- Electronic Music
- World Music
- Music Business and Management
- Project Management for Music and Stage (in Norwegian only)
What do you learn?
- You acquire a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between performance practice and relevant popular musicology.
- You are provided with insight into central concepts and theoretical issues of popular musicology.
- You develop an academic foundation in order to be able to contribute to reflection and innovation inside popular music.
- You achieve comprehensive understanding of how to accomplish research projects in the field of popular music.
- You get an overview of the different participants and organizations in the musicological environment, and and the dynamics operating between them.
- You achieve knowledge of new technologies and the possibilities and challenges they offer.
- You achieve comprehensive understanding of relevant musicological methods within artistic research, and the ability to use them independently.