Are you studying Norwegian language or literature at Master og Ph.d. level? - Apply for Mobility Grant!
Mobility Grant for Norwegian Language and Literature
The mobility grant is awarded Master and Ph.D. students in countries outside Norway and at institutions with a department for Nordic/Scandinavian studies, whom have chosen Norwegian language or Norwegian literature as topic for their dissertation. The grant must be used for fieldwork in Norway in connection with the dissertation.
The Call for application for Mobility Grant 2020-2021 will be published in January 2020.
Application deadline: March 31st, 2020.
The mobility grant is awarded for a minimum of one and a maximum of three months. The fieldwork must be conducted at a Norwegian higher educational/research institution, and the applicant must provide details of a tutor at this institution who has agreed to tutor the student during his/her stay in Norway. The grant is given as a contribution to covering expenses in connection with the research stay in Norway.
2019: New Travel Grant!
A new, differentiated travel grant is introduced from 2019, in addition to grant for board and lodging.
Travel grant (fixed rates):
- NOK 2,000 for travel from countries in Europe
- NOK 3,000 for travel from St. Petersburg and Moscow in Russia
- NOK 5,000 for travel from other cities in Russia, other Eurasia countries and countries outside of Europe
Grant for board and lodging:
- The grant follows the rates set by The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund for basic support and is NOK 10,825 per month.
2. Prepare a project description and contact a tutor and an institution of higher learning in Norway.
3. Fill out the online application form in Espresso. The application can be written in English or Norwegian.
4. Obligatory attachments:
- a recommendation letter from the home institution tutor
- a personal invitation letter from the Norwegian institution
Submit the application before the deadline: March 31st, 2020.
5. The applications will be assessed by the Programme Committee for Norwegian Studies Abroad.
6. The applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application.
A report about the fieldwork must be submitted within one month after the fieldwork has ended. A report form will be available under "My tasks" in Espresso.