SIU is responsible for promoting Norway as an attractive study destination for international students, and Norwegian universities and university colleges as attractive partners for international institutions. If you are working for one of SIU's partners promoting Norway, you might find the following information useful.
Photos and infographics
SIU has a number of photos and infographics (illustrations) available for use for cooperation partners like embassies, delegations and other relevant organisations. To access SIU's "mediabase", please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIU administers www.studyinnorway.no, the official webpage for international students about studying in Norway. The "Study in Norway"-concept is also present in social media. Cooperation partners of SIU are of course very welcome to share content from these channels.
- Here you find "Study in Norway on Facebook
- Here you find "Study in Norway" on Youtube
- Here you find "Study in Norway on Instagram
Study in Norway fact sheet
Study in Norway films
The Norwegian nature.
The nature is an important motivation for many international students coming to Norway. In this film, Andrew from Canada talks about how everyone is allowed to enjoy nature, and how Norwegians protect their environment. (1.22 sec.)
Many international students point to career possibilities as a reason for choosing Norway as their study destination. Paulo from Brazil talks about the good balance between work and free time, and how also young employees get a say in important decisions. (0.55 sec.)
The education system
Surveys amongst international students show that the Norwegian education system is well known for its quality. Dionne from the Netherlands talks about the flexibility of teachers and future employers. (1.02 sec.)
A safe society
Norway is considered a safe society, something that is shown to be important for international students. Wei Li from China talks about safety, modern technology and equality amongst men and women. (1.11 sec.)
Report: Norway as a study destination
- International students in Norway 2016 - Perceptions of Norway as a study destination (Adobe pdf)
- Here you can read an article on the report 'Perceptions of Norway as study destination'.
SIU is commissioned by several national and international public organisations to administer international programmes at all levels of education. Many of the programmes are based on cooperation with employers and the business sector.
- SIU is the National Agency for Erasmus+, the EU’s programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport.
- SIU administers the EEA Grants/Norway Grants, whose main purpose is to reduce social and economic disparities in Europe.
SIU administers Nordplus, the Nordic Council of Minister’s most important programme in the area of lifelong learning.
- SIU also administers a number of other programmes. For more information, see SIU's website in English and SIU's website in Norwegian
- Website for Norwegian students and pupils considering stays abroad: www.utdanningiverden.no
- Fact sheet, main funding opportunities (odt) (Adobe pdf)
Our programmes can support a number of different activities. Here are some examples:
This webpage is under development – more resources will be available autumn 2017.