On this page you will find information concerning restrictions caused by the coronavirus. The situation is changing rapidly, and we follow it closely.
Are you currently in Norway, either as an exchange student or a degree student at a Norwegian Higher Education institution? If so, your institution in Norway – and your home institution if you are on exchange – should be able to answer your questions.
If you are not yet in Norway but have been accepted to a study programme and are planning for this, you should also keep in touch with the institution offering the study programme for further instructions, as well as checking out the page on travels to and from Norway that you will find further down on this page.
Coronavirus - information sites
For general information concerning the restrictions in Norway due to the Corona Virus, you can check the following webpages:
- For the Norwegian Government’s webpages on the Corona Virus, click here .
- Student services also include health and counselling services. If you are studying at a Norwegian institution, you should contact your local student service organisation ("Studentsamskipnad") for more information. Here you will find a list of all the different organisations (in Norwegian).
- Are you an Erasmus+ student? The European Commission has a webpage with Q&A that you will find here.
- The European Association of International Educators (EAIE) has a number of webinars and tools for the international education community.
- The Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH) are continually updating their webpages on the Corona Virus - click here for their advice and information.
www.helsenorge.no is a national webpage dedicated to official health information.
- Are you currently in Norway, and still have health related questions concerning the virus? You can call the Corona Information hotline, administered by helsenorge.no: 815 55 015.
Advice on VISA applications and travels to and from Norway
For the moment, visa applications to Norway cannot be delivered in a number of countries. The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) has a dedicated page to the Corona situation. Here you will find information both for EU/EEA nationals and nationals from outside the EU/EEA. The page answers questions for both people who are currently in Norway, and nationals planning travels to Norway. Click here to go to the UDI-page.
You will find general travel advice for Norway on the Visit Norway-page. This page is the official travel guide to Norway.
Are you an international student applying for renewal of your student visa?
A number of international students already in Norway are worried about their renewal of the study permit due to the coronavirus outbreak. The UDI have extended the deadline for documenting that you have sufficient funds, till October 1st. This only applies if you meet all other requirements for a renewed study permit. UDI adresses the following on their previously mentioned corona information page.
Student organisations in Norway
We also advice you to contact your local branch of a student organisation if you have questions.